Wednesday, November 23, 2016

KGB Tales #12 The traitor's son (story/pic)



        One of the worst things for an agent to hear is that we have a mole in our midst.  Such betrayal must never go unpunished.  It then became our number one priority to find and get rid of the mole.

        Agent Vasiliev was my second in command and my most trusted and loyal agent.  He was a third generation agent, which meant he was bred and raised for this type of work.  His son was even beginning his training and was even preparing to go to America as a "Turkish" exchange student.  I knew Vasiliev was the man for the job, so I put him in charge of finding and "plugging" the leak.

        Apparently, the mole was even too good for him, as over a month later, he was still not uncovered.  I decided that I should then oversee the investigation myself.  I had him bring all of his research files to me.  

        He seemed surprised that I was quick to take over the investigation, but he also understood how I wanted this resolved immediately.  He gave me a full verbal report on who were the prime suspects and who he had already ruled out.  He then returned to his office to continue sending over the rest of his files.

        I began pouring over his research and jotted down a several questions on a piece of paper..  After a couple hours, I called for Vasiliev to come to my office for some questions.  When he did not show up, I became immediately aware.

        My first instinct was that he may have gotten too close to finding the person, but it quickly became clear that was not the case.  He investigation had been sloppy...... too sloppy.

        I quickly alerted a couple members of my team and we raced to Vasiliev's flat.  We gave no warning, just busted in the door. The only one home was his son, Samir.  He was a handsomely tanned young man with brown eyes.  Quite an exceptional new acquisition for our agency.

        He was in the middle of changing when we walked in.  His suitcase lay open on the bed with some clothes hastily tossed in.  He was startled when we burst in.   His face went pale as I walked in the door to his room.

        "Where is your father?"  The question was straight and simple, yet he seemed to fumble in his words before claiming that he did not know.

        I was usually a patient man, but under these circumstances, I had very little patience for traitors.  I asked him about the leaks that his father was responsible for.  Again, no straight answer.  The darting of his eyes, the high adrenaline in his demeanor told me this boy was hiding something.

        "Where are you going?"  I asked, pointing to his disheveled suitcase.  He again fumbled over his words, before claiming he was going to his first assignment.  I pulled out a phone and called his supervisor, who was quick to deny this.

        Now, he knew he was caught and began squirming in his seat.  I eyed him closely to make sure he wasn't thinking about doing something foolish.  Just then, his phone rang.  We had him get up and answer it.  We could tell from the look on his face that it was his father on the other end.

        He looked at me with wide eyes, then began to warn his father that we were here for him.  I quickly grabbed the phone from the stupid boy's hand.  "That's right, Vasiliev, we are on to you.  I nodded to two of my associates who simultaneously drove blades deep into the young man's gut on either side of his navel.

        Samir stood there in shock, his brown eyes staring forward, fearful of looking down and noticing the result.  His young chest took in a couple heavy breaths as if he was trying to use deep breathing to numb the pain.


        I snapped a picture with the young man's camera and sent it to his father.  I walked up to Samir as he stood there.  Placing one hand on either blade, I ripped them from his gut.  He lurched forwards slightly, his head jerking somewhat backwards.  He brown eyes rolled back and he collapsed on the floor.

        I turned to my associates, "Gentlemen, lets go find his father."


.............to be continued............


1 comment: