Wednesday, November 23, 2016

KGB Tales #13 - Liars and Theives (story/pic)



        We had been searching for a traitor named Vasiliev for two days.  Our sources had tracked him to a small village in the Ukraine.  There was a young local man who was one of his contacts that may have aided in his escape.

        Since I couldn't have my whole team follow every lead, I decided to go this one alone.  I arrived and tracked down the lousy son-of-a-bitch.  I kept an eye on him for a couple of days.  

        I learned that he was the leader of a small gang of thugs.  They were known in the town as being a group of liars and thieves.  So, I paid some of his friends a little visit.  Once they knew who I was, a fear of death struck them to the very core and they were more than willing to cooperate.

        They tied him up against a post and two of the young men invited me to pay him a visit.  Of course, I was too intrigued to say no.  So, I went with them.  

        A third young guys was holding an oozi, guarding their imprisoned leader.  They appeared to have roughed him up a bit.  I suppose their fear of me lead them to some extreme measures to try to earn my trust and favor.

        They had him stripped down, blindfolded and tied up in a barn.   His only response to me was that the americans would never give up Vasiliev.  The young guy with the oozi pointed it at him and kept looking to me as if I was going to give him the thrill of killing him.

        I had him set down the oozi and commanded the three young men to hold their former leader.  Their eyes all glistened with excitement as I unsheathed my sword.  They held him firmly against the post as I rammed the blade all the way through him.  


        He let out a bellow of pain as he felt his body completely pierced through. The three young men stared at his facial expressions as he tried to grunt through the last thralls of pain.  His body twitched awhile before his head finally slumped forward.  

        One of them pulled his head back by the hair, examining to make sure he was really dead.  They all had a look a glee on their faces.  They were so excited to have helped out.  They figured they had earned me as a new ally.  Unfortunately, I knew they were too immature and loose-lipped.

        They looked at me in horror as I picked up the oozi and began spraying their young bodies with a barrage of bullets.  They screamed in unison as their bodies jolted and their chests were torn to shreds.  They fell in a jumbled heap on blood soaked floor.

        I dropped a single match on the hay-stack as I walked out.  That was the easiest cleanup I ever had.

       


1 comment: